Why Choose Us?
We have a track record of outstanding proficiency in the design and specification of concrete, steel, masonry and timber structures. Having served this industry since 1973, our experienced and specialised team of engineers have an exceptional understanding of the balance between technical expertise, business sense, form and function.
- Holistic approach: At MBB, we take a holistic approach to projects with an emphasis on the big picture of lifecycle cost optimisation. We limit risk in project execution by reducing expenses early in the development process.
- Approved Specialists: We have a group of Approved Professional Persons (APPs) and Professional Engineers (PrEng), ensuring a safe and effective design.
- African solutions for African problems: We custom make our solutions to the needs of the African continent.
- All Inclusive We offer a complete multi-disciplinary, comprehensive in-house service, which includes all the necessary specialist skills and experience needed to plan, design and implement a project.
Footprint in Africa
MBB Quick Facts
MBB is an established company of consulting engineers, environmental management professionals, quantity surveyors and project managers.
- Recipient of a SAACE Award for Excellence in Consulting Development Engineering.
- Experience in over 2 000 structural projects.
- Offices in South Africa in Pietermaritzburg, Nelspruit, Stellenbosch, Grahamstown and Mtunzini.
Our Core Services
- Concrete: Reinforced, shotcrete and precast designs
- Building finishes: Advice and specification on finishes such as joints, tiling, paintwork, lintels, corrosion protection, rainwater goods, waterproofing and rehabilitation.
- Floors: Fibre reinforced flooring, surface beds, surface hardening, crack-free designs, overlays (paints, tiles etc.) and specialised floors for factories, abattoirs, freezers and cold rooms, and floors for high racking warehouses.
- Commercial: Shopping centres, parking garages, petrol stations, renovation of shopping centres and complexes.
- Educational: Schools, universities and colleges.
- Specialised Facilities: Computer centres, wet storage facilities.
- Farm Structures: Silos, farm buildings, cold storage and animal housing.
- Liquid retaining Structures: Water reservoirs, pressure towers, canals, pools and aquariums, water and sewage plants, pump stations, dams and weirs.
- Foundations: Industrial foundations, pad, strip and piled foundations, foundations on clay and collapsing sand, raft foundations (including low-cost housing).
- Steel: Frames, cables, composite construction, cladding and sheeting.
- Timber: Trusses, roofs and suspended floors.
- Industrial: Factories, warehouses, produce markets, abattoirs, freezer and cold rooms, dairies, high voltage electrical substations, chimneys, masts and towers.
- Office premises: Corporate office blocks, office parks and tower blocks.
- Accommodation and residential: Hotels, apartment blocks, housing, low-cost housing, mass housing schemes, university residences.
- Sports Facilities: Indoor aquatic centres, public swimming pools.
- Geotechnical Structures: Retaining walls and retained soil, deep basements, culverts.
- Road Structures: Bridges, culverts and concrete pavements.