Why Choose Us?
Our first packhouse was built in 1984, making us an integral part of the industry. We designed and built the first successful Macadamia cracking and processing facility in SA in the 1980s. We are specialists renowned for providing peer reviews on packhouse projects. We have been involved in table grape, citrus, pome, banana, avocado and multi-crop packhouses.
- Innovative: Our character is evident in the investment we put into researching new solutions.
- Budget-minded: We optimise design and implementation strategies to give clients the best solution within their budget
- Comprehensive: We deal with the complete agricultural value chain, providing a customised service from conceptualisation and development, to the implementation of integrated systems for agricultural produce handling.
- Diversity: Our experience has seen us delivering solutions throughout Africa. We have been involved in the design and implementation of tailor-made packhouse facilities ranging from less than US$100 000 up to US$6 million.
Footprint in Africa
MBB Quick Facts
MBB is an established company of consulting engineers, environmental management professionals, quantity surveyors and project managers.
- Our first packhouse was built in 1984, making us an integral part of the industry.
- We designed and built the first successful Macadamia cracking and processing facility in SA in the 1980s.
- We are specialists renowned for providing peer reviews on packhouse projects.
- We have been involved in table grape, citrus, pome, banana, avocado and multi-crop packhouses.
- We have offices in Pietermaritzburg, Nelspruit, Stellenbosch, Grahamstown and Mtunzini.
Our Core Services
- Master planning
- Production planning and feasibility studies
- Materials Handling
- Optimised design
- Facility/Site/yard/circulation layout
- HVAC design
- Fire design
- Industrial Refrigeration (cold rooms)
- Specialised industrial refrigeration including ripening, de-greening, controlled atmosphere rooms
- Structural design
Civil and Structural:
- Bulk services, water reticulation, sewerage (handling and treatment)
- Civil works design, earthworks, roads and circulation
- Specialised floor design
Quantity surveying and project management:
- Bill of quantities
- Detailed specifications and contract documentation
- Project Management