Why Choose Us?
For over 40 years, MBB has led the field in the development of creative irrigation concepts. Our influence in the sector extends throughout the African continent providing truly innovative African solutions to African problems. Having served this industry since 1973, our experienced and competent team of practical and entrepreneurial engineers have an exceptional balance between technical expertise and business acumen, adding a distinct advantage to client’s investments in the irrigation and drainage sector.
- Holistic approach: At MBB, we consider the big-picture of lifecycle cost optimisation. We limit project risks by ensuring experts’ inputs are applied to planning, from concept to completion.
- Approved Specialists: MBB is involved in continuous research, with support from the Water Research Commission, regarding irrigation and with a focus on water management systems.
- Appropriate: We custom make solutions to meet the needs of the African continent; African solutions for African problems.
- Comprehensive: We offer a complete multi-disciplinary, in-house service that includes all the necessary specialist skills and experience.
Footprint in Africa
MBB Quick Facts
MBB is an established company of consulting engineers, environmental management professionals, quantity surveyors and project managers.
- Recipients of a SAACE Award for excellence in Consulting Development Engineering.
- Offices in South Africa in Pietermaritzburg, Nelspruit, Stellenbosch, Grahamstown and Mtunzini.
- MBB pioneered the computerised design of irrigation systems and maintains a leading role in irrigation, water and drainage research in South Africa.
- Professional engineers who are SABI approved irrigation designers.
Our Core Services
- Feasibility investigations
- Bankable feasibility studies
- Design – from concept through to detailed design
- Materials and installation, quantities, specification and contractual documentation
- Construction monitoring, commissioning and handover
- Systems optimisation and upgrading – water and electrical efficiency, scheduling and system selection optimisation
- Master planning
- Project management
- Turnkey (or EPC), operation and maintenance