Water, our most precious resource
“A one-stop service for effective, creative solutions in water supply, storage, construction management, inspections and repairs”
Why Choose Us?
MBB has extensive experience in the South African National Water Act (Act 36 of 1998) since its introduction. We have compiled more than 100 Water Use License Applications and developed a wealth of knowledge and expertise to apply to your benefit. We supply a comprehensive service in water resource management that promotes compliant development to protect and manage sustainable water resources.
- Holistic approach: At MBB, we consider the big-picture of lifecycle cost optimisation. We limit project risks by ensuring experts’ inputs are applied to planning, from concept to completion.
- Approved Specialists: We have a team of dedicated Professional Engineers and Technicians, ensuring a safe, sustainable and effective solution.
- Practical: We develop systems that suit the end-user.
- African solutions for African problems: We understand African conditions.
Footprint in Africa
MBB Quick Facts
MBB is an established company of consulting engineers, environmental management professionals, quantity surveyors and project managers.
- Recipient of a SAACE Award for Excellence in Consulting Development Engineering.
- Experience in over 2 000 water projects.
- Offices in South Africa in Pietermaritzburg, Nelspruit, Stellenbosch, Grahamstown and Mtunzini.
Our Core Services
We investigate, advise and report on the following Water Uses that are regulated by the National Water Act through the Department of Water and Sanitation;
- Storing of water or wastewater
- Cultivating Commercial forestry
- Altering the beds and banks of a water course i.e. the construction of canals, bridges, roads etc.
- Discharging wastewater
- Abstracting surface or ground water
- Irrigating with wastewater
- Impeding or diverting water in a water course i.e. the construction of weirs and dams